Academic offerings include 95 majors, 86 minors, and more than 100 in-major specializations
If you’re an educational professional who are looking to progress into management and consultancy, or an educational planning or development role, this is the best degree for you.
1. To introduce the concepts of flying and History of aviation.
2. To impart knowledge about the principle of flight and its aerodynamic parameters.
3. To provide important design principles of airplane structures.
4. To describe about various propulsion systems and its operation principle.
5. To gain adequate knowledge on the UAV.
6. To get exposure on ISA.
The PLP in Drafting Legislation, Regulation, and Policy has been offered by the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies with considerable success since 2004.
1. Anderson, D. F. and Eberhardt, S., Understanding Flight, 2nd ed., McGraw-Hill (2009).
2. Anderson, J. D., Introduction to Flight, 7th ed., McGraw-Hill (2011).
1. Kermode A C “Flight without Formulae” Pearson Education Pte. Ltd, 5th edition, 2000.
2. Richard S. Shevell, “Fundamentals of Flight”, 2nd edition, Pearson Education Publication, 2004.
3. T.H.G. Megson, “Aircraft Structures for Engineering Students”, 5th edition, Elsevier Aerospace
Engineering Series, 2012.
4. Vladimir A. Chobotov, “Orbital Mechanics”, 3rd edition, AIAA, 2002.
5. Szebehely, V. G. and Mark, H., Adventures in Celestial Mechanics, 2nd ed., Wiley (1998).
6. Turner, M. J. L., Rocket and Spacecraft Propulsion: Principles, Practice and New Developments, 3rd
ed., Springer (2009).
Upon completion of the course, Students will be able to
CO1: Understand the classification and working principles of different types of flight vehicles and its
CO2: Illustrate the basic principles of aerodynamics, characteristics of airfoils and NACA numbering system
CO3: Explain the methods of aircraft construction and characteristics of aircraft materials.
CO4: Analyze the characteristics of aircraft propulsion systems with its merits, demerits, and applications.
CO5: Describe the working of UAV and its application.
CO6: Summarize the application of ISA.